Saturday, June 20, 2009

Nice reviews for The Box from Braunau!


I was happy to see my book get positive reviews from several blogs over the last week, so I'm going to spotlight three of them here.

  • Lavanya Karthik, of Mumbai, writes in her Bookpleasures review:
"Soldiers aren't the only casualties of war," says author Jan Elvin in the afterword of this engrossing and well written memoir.

What parts [her father] didn't write about, Ms. Elvin fills in the blanks with careful research. It gives a vibrant, living real experience, a snap shot of some of the worst fighting in WWII.

Well illustrated with black and white photographs, and supplemented by a comprehensive index, bibliography and glossary, this part history part memoir is of importance to scholar and general reader alike.

The Box from Braunau provides accessible and informative reading for all those interested in journalism and the social dynamics of warfare.

And please see my guest post at the Amacom author blog site, where I write about Five Things I Wish I'd Asked My Father about World War II.


No comments: